Thursday, March 3, 2011

Encountering LW_ERROR_LDAP_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS [LW_ERROR_LDAP_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS] on Open Likewise

I was trying to join my Linux Box to an MS Active Directory Domain using Likewise Open from Likewise. Although I have permission to join computers to MS Active Directory domain but somehow once I use the command
# ./domainjoin-cli --logfile logfile join --ou my_OU my_AD_Domain Administrators

From the Trace Stacks that comes out was

Stack Trace:
/builder/src-buildserver/Platform-6.0/src/linux/domainjoin/domainjoin-cli/src/main.c:937
/builder/src-buildserver/Platform-6.0/src/linux/domainjoin/domainjoin-cli/src/main.c:493
/builder/src-buildserver/Platform-6.0/src/linux/domainjoin/libdomainjoin/src/djmodule.c:332
/builder/src-buildserver/Platform-6.0/src/linux/domainjoin/libdomainjoin/src/djauthinfo.c:722
/builder/src-buildserver/Platform-6.0/src/linux/domainjoin/libdomainjoin/src/djauthinfo.c:1157
20110302130337:WARNING:Short domain name not specified. Defaulting to 'mydomain'
20110302130343:ERROR:LW_ERROR_LDAP_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS [LW_ERROR_LDAP_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS]

But somehow I suspect I may not have permission to set certain attributes (such as Description) on the computer account

No comments: