What is andLinux?
andLinux is a complete Ubuntu Linux system running seamlessly in Windows 2000 based systems (2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7; 32-bit versions only)........
andLinux uses coLinux as its core which is confusing for many people. coLinux is a port of the Linux kernel to Windows.Although this technology is a bit like running Linux in a virtual machine, coLinux differs itself by being more of a merger of Windows and the Linux kernel and not an emulated PC, making it more efficient. Xming is used as X server and PulseAudio as sound server.
- OS: Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / 7 (currently only the 32-bit versions are supported)
- Memory: at least 128 MB (192 MB or more is recommended)
- Hard disk space: 2.5 GB (XFCE version) / 4.5 GB (KDE version)
Note that you need an NTFS file system (which is default since Windows 2000) because you can't create files larger than 2 GB on FAT(32) file systems!
- andLinux is not suitable for High-Performance realtime graphics
- Only 1 core will be used even though you may have multi-core machine. This is due to andlinux processes are encapsulated in one Windows process.